Thursday, June 21, 2007

THIRD THURSDAY

Third Thursday of the month.... that's S.A.S.S. night. The support group we started, S.A.S.S.(Support for Adult Survivors of Suicide) meets every third Thursday... every month.... that's something you can count on. You can also count on the fact that we'll be there, ready to share our story, ready to hear the stories of others, ready to offer support and hope for healing. You can be sure that others will come, who have unfortunately also lost someone they love to the tragedy of suicide.

But what you CAN'T be sure of.... is how many people will come, and what the night's discussion will stir up within yourself. I always know that on a S.A.S.S. night, I'll relive the horrible days surrounding Byron's death, Christmas 1991. That's a given. I'll remember the color of the lighter. I'll remember the jeans and tank top he was wearing, that were burned beyond recognition. I'll remember that Pump #6 at that Exxon station held his fate. But what I don't know, what isn't a given, is that sometimes I feel the anger, sometimes I feel the guilt, sometimes I feel the confusion... yet other times I feel sorry for my first husband. Sorry that he chose death, over watching his remarkable son grow up. I feel sorry for the weakness and depression that consumed him, to the point of desperation and death. I feel sorry that ANYONE has that level of despair in their life.

So I take this moment to shout to God my thanks and praise, that I know I'm loved, and I know that there's always a promise of tomorrow, the promise of a new day!!! I also shout to you, my family and friends, my gratitude and love.... thank you for loving me, thank you for supporting me, and please be assured of my love and support for you as well. If there's any one thing I'd like to pass along on this beautiful summer night, it's the importance of telling those you love, just that... say those words to everyone that is important to you... I am right now!

I LOVE YOU!!!!!
Have a super Friday, and rejoice in the weekend!

No comments: