Friday, June 8, 2007

Freaky Friday!!!

That's right! I think it MUST be a Freaky Friday, although I haven't switched bodies or lives with my teenager (for those of you clueless to the world of Disney, that's what happens in the Movie "Freaky Friday"). It's freaky, only because it's a mix of emotions for me...... sunny and warm (no more rain) stirs the happiness, goofiness, and upbeat persona within me; but the events of yesterday make me crabby, feisty, and somewhat ornery.

Have you ever said something, (or in this case, written something) and your own words come back to bite you in the butt?! (Thanks to my sister) I had to eat my words yesterday! My words for Wednesday's post were pretty ironic, and came back to haunt me yesterday. I was frustrated and ticked off about something (given that my boss could someday read this, I'll leave his name out of it... hahahah), and was venting to my sister on the phone. But she said "A wise woman once wrote..." (yeah, she's a smart one) but she was totally right! I had stubbed my toe on one of those darn rocks in my path, and was ready to chuck it where I thought it should be aimed, when she reminded me to look on the bright side (geez, don't you just HATE cheerful people, when you're trying to pout?). I went back to this very blog, re-read my words, and realized I had nothing to complain about. I'm choosing to practice what I preach, and will put the crabby, feisty, ornery thoughts aside today (try to flush 'em all together) and I'll instead embrace the sunshine outside (which comes about the time my soggy basement can't handle anymore rain anyway), and walk through today with a smile on my face. Besides, won't "they" wonder what I'm up to, if I'm cheerful and happy all day? (gotta love reverse psychology) ha.

I wish you all the strength to overcome your obstacles, the courage to face the difficulties, and the sense of humor to "make 'em wonder". Enjoy the weekend!!!

No comments: