Monday, June 4, 2007

Monday Monday

Monday, Monday... isn't that a song? From the 70's? Yes, I was around in the 70's but just barely, haha. Those were the best days of my life... running around barefoot in the summer, riding my bike, no cares to bog me down! Well, those USED to be the best days of my life, but now I'd have to say THESE are the best days! I feel fabulous, alive, energized, fit, and wonderful!

We ran our 5k on Saturday. I would have liked to run it a little faster, but I can't complain about my time, considering it was my first one ever. I look forward to more in the future, and will try to shave my time down with each race I enter. But the day was perfect, I felt fabulous, and the best part of all was that I was running with a friend! If anyone would have told me a few years ago, that I'd be HUNGRY for exercise, or that I'd WANT to run, bike, or swim, I'd have told them they were NUTS! But I DO love it! There's a certain adrenaline rush, a certain endorphin boost that can't be beat! That, in addition to the satisfaction and pride you feel when you set your mind to accomplish something, and see it through to completion, is so rewarding! I wish everyone could realize how energizing, invigorating, and empowering exercise can be! Plus, you usually get to do it (whatever that "it" is for you) with friends~ how cool is that?!

I hope my overflowing peace and joy can ooze over to your day, and you have a wonderful week ahead of you! June is starting out amazing, and I hope you all reap the benefits of being happy! Don't sweat the small stuff, and embrace the good things that touch your day!

No comments: