Friday, June 15, 2007

My Son's a STAR!!!

Yes he is! Matthew, (my oldest son... my 6' tall baby) starred in the Thompson Summer Theater production of SOUTH PACIFIC, he's Emile de Beque, the French Planter..... and he pulled it off marvelously! All the kids did a great job, but of course this mom was awed by one actor in particular. I didn't know he could sing like that!!! Well, I guess I did, but still, I was amazed, proud, and so impressed by him. Touched my heart for sure!!!

As for other areas of the day... it's FRIDAY! That's about all I can say. I was hoping my boss would have been in to visit with me this week (as he had promised he'd be in "first thing" Wed. morning... I'm still waiting), but apparently other things have gotten his attention. Just another indication where the morale of his company foundation fits into his concerns. I do have a lot to be positive about though, as this bump in the road has/is giving me new opportunities, and new optimism for a brighter future.

Benjamin is also going to be shining his star this weekend! He has a baseball tournament that runs today through tomorrow. He plays second baseman, and does a great job. His batting is improving, and it'll be fun to watch his games. He lives and breathes baseball, so this weekend, and next weekend, are big highlights for him.

As the week went from very rocky at its beginning, to more calm now, I remind myself how fortunate I really am. Regardless of my happiness or frustration where work is concerned, I have a rock-solid family, who loves me, and I love them, and their talents and joy shine forth endlessly. God is so good!

Live this weekend with zest, and joy! As I always say, life's too short to sweat the small stuff (just pack it up in a box, and move out of the office.... the rest will fall into place with ease and grace). ha!

No comments: