Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Rainy Wednesday ~

Rain, Rain, go away, come again some other day!!!!! We have a skylight in the lobby of my office building, and all I can hear as I type this is the rain pounding on it relentlessly!! It's one of those dreary, cold, dark days. But, despite the appearance of the day, my heart is happy and my thoughts are light!

I came across a quote I wanted to share today: [ Strength... we either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.] Wow, that's deep! How true though... I mean, when life throws a wrench into your perfect life, you can either chuck it at someone and moan about it's existence, or you can pick it up, use it to tighten whatever loose screws exist, and add it to your toolbox of life lessons. Each and every one of us has things in life that we either never expected to occur or wish could have had a different outcome. But regardless of the circumstances, there's not always a lot we can do to keep unpleasantness from landing upon us. So instead of walking through life counting the stones that have littered our path, we can gather those stones, put them together, and build a rock garden with what we learn from it all. I could go around all day, every day, ticked off about my first husband's death... but what good will that do me? And besides ~ how would a negative attitude change the reality of my loss? Instead, I have learned some invaluable lessons in strength and perseverance, as well as how to go through my days with optimism and gratitude.

It's not always as easy as it sounds, but with faith, patience, and the love & support of friends, please know that you can overcome whatever wrenches fall into your life, and you can walk along your particular path without tripping over the unwelcome stones that might appear in your way. Keep your chin up, know that you have me in your corner, cheering for you (all of you) and never forget the most important thing of all:

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: