Wednesday, August 1, 2007

First Day of my new Beginning

Yep, that's right, today's the first day of my new Job! I didn't really have too many apprehensions, since I actually started "unofficially" on Monday, when I attended a staff meeting with my department. That was a GREAT way to get to know everyone in my office a little better, in a less formal setting, and get to see them in a relaxed picnic atmosphere. But I was thinking that was only going to be the atmosphere of a special event/meeting... so far, not so. It seems the group of Continuing Ed professionals are ALWAYS fun, laid-back, and welcoming. Of course, they all work hard, and get the work done, but while enjoying their jobs at the same time. It's going to prove to be a good move, I just know it!!! The level of morale boosting elements are mind-blowing.... I haven't had so many people welcome me, smile, and share their cheerfulness, as I did today! Of course, as with anything and everything in life, surely there could be days ahead of me, that might not be lined with silver clouds... but I certainly have nothing to complain about after my first couple days!

I'm anxious to go back tomorrow... that in itself says a lot, in my mind!!! I wish all of my friends and family could/would work in a career or job that they LOVE and look forward to going to each day~ if not, maybe it's time for a change. As I always say..... life's too short to sweat the small stuff, SO DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: