Thursday, July 26, 2007

Thursday night.... yeah! Tomorrow's Friday... then again, for the past couple weeks, EVERY day has been like a Friday to me! I have been thoroughly enjoying my time off, between jobs, and at the same time, cannot wait until I start the new job next week!

As I shared last week, friends of ours had a terrible scare with their little girl, Sydney. Sydney had surgery last week, and has been home from the hospital all week, healing, and dodging bumps in the road. They had to remove her left eye, as it was very badly damaged from the tumor that had been growing behind it. But they are currently trying to hold the shape of the eye socket, and allow for the healing, until further down the road when they can order her prosthetic eye (about two months). This little angel is not even 5 yrs old yet.... how unfortunate. When things like this happen, it sure makes a person realize what's important in life, and what's much less urgent.

That brings me to my latest proud moment (one of them)... Matt has been part of a phenomenal production through SPA... Summer Performing Arts.... which put on an outstanding rendition of Les Miserables this year! Wow, talk about an amazing group of kids! As we all watched in awe during the performance, it was hard to remember these young actors were merely high school students.

When God blesses us with individual gifts, it's hard not to embrace them and share them with the world! Luckily that's something Matt is already getting used to doing... now we just hope he can get a transfer we're trying for, to a larger school, that offers courses in theater and more musical opportunities. I know the grass isn't always greener, but when there are opportunities within reach, I can't NOT embrace them and offer them to my children. I'll keep you posted on if we can get him into the bigger school, but your prayers that we find God's Will in this, can't hurt.

Have a great weekend, and remember to embrace YOUR gifts and dreams, and never forget to LIVE LIFE WITH GUSTO!!!!!!

No comments: