Saturday, August 25, 2007

Back in the water again ~

That's exactly where our swim team is, back in the water again! Wait, did you catch that? Swim TEAM! That's right! Last year, it was me and the coach, but this season it's a cooperative effort by a whole team! There have been 6-9 Masters Swimmers at each practice this week, and it's so much fun! I'm looking forward to seeing all my teammates get stronger, faster, and stay the course for the duration of the season ~ now through May... 9 months of chlorinated fun and fitness!

Speaking of fitness, and fun (NOT), I've also been running to train for that 1/2 marathon I let myself get talked into. I'm in week 3 of a 10 week training schedule for it, and today my schedule tells me I have to run 10 miles. WHAT???!!! I'm the girl who couldn't run 30 minutes straight without stopping just a while ago. But, I've come a long way, in preparing for this, and training to run longer and stronger. My biggest challenge has been in finding a running partner to train with here. I have my friend Sarah who cheers me on, as I cheer her on too. And I have my sister Kristen who also cheers me on, and guides me in my training. The three of us are going to be the trio to run the race in October together. I can't wait. But they both live further away, and I can't run with them routinely. So I'm on my own in these weekend long runs, and hope to find someone to run with me and help me out, and SOON!

The boys start school on Monday... WOW! Where'd the summer go? Not only am I amazed that the boys are entering yet another new school year, but I can't believe I have a Jr. in high school, and a 6th grader. Where'd my little baby boys go? Now they're growing up so fast, and one even stands taller than me! Life never stands still, but instead keeps marching forward in time.

With that, I wish you all to grasp the moment you're in. Find the pieces of positive adventure in this very moment, and LIVE LIFE WITH GUSTO!!! (not the guy, the feeling) ha

No comments: