Saturday, September 8, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy...

That's what I've been lately! I noticed I hadn't written in quite a while, but it's been a "good busy" that's had me elsewhere. My new job has me hoppin', and that's a nice change, being "good" busy, that is. I have found myself deep in the heart of Conference season (fall conferences that is... it'll be like this once in the spring too). We have two conferences next week, one of which will have me out of town for 4 days. I still love it though ~ despite the deadlines, details, and days out of town, I love knowing that together with my co-worker we're providing a conference to professionals that will enhance their careers, fulfill their continuing ed. requirements, and we're doing it with all the bells and whistles to make it a top notch event.

As for my "free time" (that's pretty funny), I still am running in preparation for the 1/2 marathon in October, and have also been swimming in there too. Our growing swim team is so much fun, and I think everyone's enjoying it immensely. Today is a long run on the training schedule, so I'm going to head over to see my friend an hour and half away, so I can run with her, and have a partner to keep motivating me. I think as tired as I am, I'd be inclined to opt out of today's run, if it weren't for her. My sister is training along with us, but she boarded a plane yesterday bound for CHINA! She's traveling for her work, and I'm so jealous. For some reason, her professional traveling seems so much more glamorous, being to another continent, in comparison to my trip to Western North Dakota. It's all relative though, as we're both meeting neat people, and networking for professional development.

Tis the season for routines, schedules, and - - - FOOTBALL. Ben has a football jamboree this morning, and he whispered to me last night that he might see some QB action this year. So, before I head out for my long run, I'll be the ever-supportive mom on the football sidelines this morning.

Whether you find yourself on the sidelines cheering on the players, or in the lineup doing the work yourself, I hope your days ahead are filled with love, laughter, and joyful moments. Don't let yourself be bogged down with the mundane drudgery, but rather embrace each moment, throw yourself into the details and leave your mark on the world in a positive, loving way!

No comments: