Friday, September 14, 2007

A day of rest...

Hey there.... that's what today is for me, a day of REST! I was out of town all week at my first conference, and it was a great time! Well, let me clarify that.... it was great from the aspect that I learned a LOT, felt helpful and professional, and worked my butt off. But it was everything I thought it would be, and so much more. One of our special guest speakers was the Surgeon General of the United States. That was impressive and inspiring, and gave me a picture of the types of people I could be associated with in the future. No, not all the high-powered, big-shooters of our country will be coming to North Dakota for conference appearances, but there could be/will be some interesting encounters to be sure.

The exercise regimen, however, suffers from being on-site at conferences. Later evening wrap-ups don't really facilitate a long run, or a trip to the local YMCA for a swim workout. But tomorrow holds a longer run for me, so I'll put my energy into that. But for today, it's going to be "Destination De-Clutter" in my bedroom!!! I have a closet to clean, and a lot of "stuff" to put away and organize. I'll crank the tunes, have the coffee perked, and enjoy my day. I hope you enjoy yours as well!!!

Live life for today, and let the stuff from yesterday stay in the past. Tomorrow is always around the corner, and keep this in mind.... "It is what it is" (doesn't have to be anything more than that).
Ciao...

No comments: