Wednesday, August 8, 2007

One Week Mark...

Well, that's right, a week under my belt with the new job! And what a great week it's been! Of course the few days last week were filled with an enormous amount of information, orientations, and learning my way around my computer. This week has brought with it more applications that are relevent to the position, and I'm feeling a little less overwhelmed and more at home.

The biggest delight though, comes from the group of people I'm proud to call my co-workers! What an amazing department I work for/with! I knew there were nice people in the world, but this is phenomenal. There is a "culture" here, that is like none other I've had the pleasure to work with. A culture of family, support, and encouragement... a REAL TEAM atmosphere! How refreshing! Sure, there could be (and most likely will be) days with bumps and lumps in them, that's normal life stuff. But to know you're a part of a hard working, motivated, and professional team of individuals who value each other's strengths, and assist with each other's weaknesses, is something to behold.

I'm really feeling the thrill of this new adventure, and wish that all of you could be as lucky as I am, to work with people that appreciate you, inspire you, and welcome you into their culture, like the team here at UND has done for me!

One other funny note..... you know how I always say "Live Life with Gusto"? I was telling Matt (my teenager) that I want that phrase on my tombstone when I sadly pass away. He giggled and said "But mom, people are going to visit your grave and say 'Who's Gusto'!" We got a good laugh out of it, but I don't think I'm going to give that up as my personal motto. So.... LIVE LIFE WITH GUSTO (whoever he might be) hahahaha

No comments: