Friday, August 17, 2007

TGIF~ BUT IT'S "TDC"

"TGIF", we all know the typical meaning of Thank Goodness it's Friday, which is such a true statement today! But the "TDC" I've added today is "Too Darn Cold"! I think I almost spit my coffee out this morning when I heard the weather girl announce that just north of us it was a brisk 35 degrees this morning. WHAT???!!! Isn't it still August for Pete's sake?! Well, I suppose summer has to come to an end sooner or later, but for me, I'd vote for the later, than the sooner. Despite the cooler temps, and the return of college students to our campus this weekend, I still revel in the thoughts of warm summer evenings, bright sunny mornings, and hope I don't have to put my flip-flops away just yet.

As for the rest of my week, it's been another great time of learning new aspects of my job, and I've also kept myself busy with a few secret plans for a soon-to-be 40yr old in my life. (SHHHHHH). I'll write more about that next time, for reasons of keeping a surprise under wraps a little longer.

I'm running on a set training schedule now, and hoping to be ready for the 1/2 marathon I've registered for, to be run October 13th in Ashland, WI. I'm sure you're thinking "I thought you were a swimmer?" Yeah, me too. hahaha! I am not really sure what wild hair I had that made me think I could do this new challenge... probably the fact that my brother-in-law (yeah, you Mike) thinks he can be a swimmer, so I have to try to be a runner, to match his competitive spirit. But, regardless of the "why" of it all, I'm going to be running with my sister and my dear friend in roughly 8 weeks. That means that my weekends have to hold a long distance run, and this weekend's assigned distance is 8 miles (YUCK). I suppose I'll have to dig deep inside me, find the gumption to get 'er done, and just do it (Ok, so I quoted Larry the Cable Guy, and Nike in the same sentence)!

Well, whatever your weekend holds for you, I hope it's filled with relaxation, joy, and laughter! Live life zestfully, and go for it (whatever "it" is for you)!!!

No comments: