Thursday, February 19, 2009

Opposite end of the spectrum

Matt's schedule is SOOO busy, he's never home, so in order to plan a birthday party for him, I had to make it a SURPRISE, and he was a little ticked that none of his friends were able to hang out with him last night... but little did he know that they'd all gather at his place afterall.
He was surprised (so he says), and it was a fun time, with nearly 20 teenagers arriving to celebrate my "baby" boy's 18th birthday!! Ben helped decorate, and it was a really neat time.
There was cake.............................
and pizza...................................

And a lot of laughs! Noah fit in perfectly, and was the hit of the party (sorry Matt, he stole your spotlight).

It isn't a guarantee that a mom will be allowed to help her kid celebrate his 18th birthday, laughing and joining the gang of teenagers for the evening... so I was honored that I wasn't banished from the festivities. We even pulled out the baby albums and scrapbooks, and Matt was a great sport, laughing at the memories of his own childhood.
It seems like only yesterday that this handsome young man was born... 18 years ago today... my the joys life has brought in those 18 years! I love you endlessly, Matthew!!! Happy Birthday my son!!!

No comments: