Monday, February 2, 2009

THE NEW PUPPY!!

Yes, I think I'm insane, so you don't have to tell me that. ha. But, this is one case in which Ed "pulled a Karyn".
When Taylor, our family yellow lab, had a very hard time this winter, we realized it was time for her to leave this earth... so she is in doggie heaven. Ed had previously said that we wouldn't get another dog until Noah was around 4-5 years old.... I guess that didn't happen. ha. After a week or so of Taylor being gone, Ed was antsy, and started asking me to look online for puppies we could adopt. His "criteria" was a puppy that wouldn't shed long hair like Taylor had, but also a puppy that didn't require frequent trips to the groomers. Boy, that kind of limits the choices. We thought of pugs, beagles, terriers, etc. Upon searching animal rescues and humane societies, we came across a litter of puppies in northern MN, and thus, we have Jessie, our new puppy.
Jessie is a fiest/terrier mix (no, I have no idea what that is, hahaha). But I best describe her as a little "Fraiser" (the show) dog. She's not a Jack Russell Terrier, but she certainly has some of the physical characteristics of that breed. She has short, stubby legs, and will remain fairly small. She's not yappy (yet), or jumpy (yet), so we'll try to help her learn not to develop those traits. All we know, is we love her, and she's a cuddle bug!

Here's a couple pictures in which you can see her coloring, and she is as adorable in person, as she is here (cuter in person, actually).


(ps... I'm not sure why the photos are uploaded so small, but I tried to share them anyway).

No comments: