Tuesday, February 17, 2009

MESSY CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!

Oh, Noah... where do I begin to express the LOVE and JOY in my heart for you?! I can only share a glimpse of what a thrill it is like to be your mommy!! This was an awesome day!!
Happy Birthday To You!!! First Birthdays are something special, and this was no exception! Of course, you needed help blowing out your candle, before you grabbed it. ha. I helped as you sat in awe while your friends and family sang to you!!

"Are you sure I can dig into this?" Noah was looking around the room, making sure nobody was going to stop him, before he stuck his fingers in. Then he grabbed a quick fistfull, and it was ON!
I wonder if there's ever been research done to estimate the time it takes a child to demolish an oversized piece of birthday cake, before ever getting any of it into his mouth. hee He sure loved the ooey, gooey feeling of the frosting and cake between his fingers.
"Here mommy, let me share!" He's actually really learning to be polite and share... I didn't think I needed this exact moment to be a learning opportunity, but hey, when the moment presents itself, why fight it?! ha. It really was delicious cake (Ed baked it, he's such a great daddy!).
I had to have a photo of the aftermath... it was just too great a mess to wash away without first snapping a few pictures. Good thing for garbage disposals though.

1 comment:

rickandryann said...

That looked like fun!! Can't wait to have the first cake moment with Hayden!!