Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy "V" Day!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Today is the time to show special appreciation to those most special in our lives... and of course we all naturally show our love and affection to our spouses, children, and significant others. But I also want to take this opportunity to express my love, appreciation, and admiration to all my friends.... all of you who read this blog. Without you as my support system, my strength, and my encouragers, I wouldn't do half the things I do in life.

As most of you know, I've had a bump or two in my journey through life... but THANKS to you, my friends and family, I have been able to either maneuver around the rocks in my path, kick them to the side, or climb over them (when they were big ol' boulders that seemed unmoveable). It's been through those rocky times in life (whether it was 16 years ago when my first husband died, or 10 years ago when I miscarried our third child, or just last year when I struggled with work stress and unhappiness), that my friends and family have stuck by me and weathered the stormy days by my side! And it's now, in the current clear and lovely path of our recent adoption news that I am thrilled to turn to you all and share our joy, our laughter, our hopes, and our elation! What an amazing gamet this life has provided, and all the while, it's been with friends like you, and THANKS to friends like you, that we can all rejoice in the Lord's blessings and grace!

I love you all.... some differently than others. I love my husband with an intimate and romantic love; I love my children with a nurturing and inspirational love; I love my friends with a grateful and joyous love; I love my sister with a unique and supportive love; I love my parents with a devoted and appreciative love; I love my neighbors with a courteous and helpful love.... no matter what relationship you're celbrating today, make it count. Tell those that you love, how much they mean to you! Don't limit your love and appreciation to one or two people..... wear your love on your sleeve today, and treat this day as an opportunity to boost up someone else, and thank them for being important in your life!

HAPPY "LOVE" DAY! I truly love you all!

No comments: