Saturday, November 10, 2007

Cold Long Weekend...

It actually isn't THAT cold... I think it even got into the 50's today. But when we were outside before 8am this morning, and the wind was blowing over 30mph, that earlier temp of 37 degrees felt AWFULLY cold! Ed, Ben, and I helped a couple other guys put up an ice skating rink in our town, near the school. It was cold & windy, but it sure was fun, knowing that we were providing some winter fun for the kids in town. I know I'll have an easier time trying to figure out where my son is after school each day. ha.

It was a nice relaxing day yesterday, as I had the day off!! At my new job, we get a "free" day off during the month of our b'day, so I opted to use that yesterday. And, working for a University system, we also have Monday off for Veteran's Day... so I get a long 4 day weekend! What a great way to start out being another year older.

We have some delicious tilapia chowder on the stove top, some corn muffins in the oven, and Ed's just cutting up apples for some apple crisp. Can't ask for a better family evening than that. Ben got out a couple board games to choose from (Yahtzee and Clue), and Matt's bringing his girlfriend over for supper. I had to laugh when Ben made the comment that he hadn't seen our table set for a family meal in a LONG time..... guess we'd gotten a little relaxed with eating together, and our days of balancing our plates on our laps in the living room must be getting to him. At least he knows how to appreciate the simple things ~ like easy family time.

I hope you have had a wonderful week, and can make time to clear the table, and dine together with the ones you love! Slow down from the busy schedules of the daily routine, and count your blessings.

Love ya!!!

No comments: