Friday, December 14, 2007

Oh The Weather Outside Is Frightful...

But what else can we expect in the middle of December in the heart of the frozen tundra? ha. I have a hard time complaining about the weather, because we CHOOSE to live here.... with that said, if the wind would just slow down a little bit, or pull out of the sub-zero temps, I wouldn't argue with that. I do have to say I LOVE the amount of snow we've gotten so far. I really like the gently falling snow, and watching it accumulate and pile up in the store parking lots. It's just not Christmas if the grass is showing, and the birds are fluttering. Nope, give me a big snowbank in my front yard, and I feel the spirit of the Season.

Other cold-weather things I'm learning to adjust to, are things like becoming a HOCKEY MOM.... I said I'd NEVER want to be a hockey mom, and knowing that Ben is now in 6th grade, I figured I was well past that stage of it even being a possibility. NOT SO! He caught wind that a neighboring community wanted to invite kids from our town to play in their Park Board League, and so Ben jumped on that bandwagon, and in fact, Matt is taking him to Hockey practice even as I type this. So there will be many opportunities in the not-so-distant future for me to sit in a cold (COLD) hockey arena and watch as he learns a new sport. He's so excited about it, but I am not looking forward to the perpetual chill!

Christmas is sneaking up on me... I have about half my shopping done, and am realizing I'd better get busy, or the other half might be left undone, if I'm not careful. So, as I wish you all a Merry Christmas and safe travels this holiday season, I also wish you ease and joy in your shopping adventures. Don't sweat the small stuff, and just keep the real spirit of the season alive in your heart!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Bah hum bug is how I'm feeling right now. To much too do and not enough time to do it in--sound familiar? Why do I do this every year around Christmas? I need a better plan so I can enjoy the reason for the season.

"Mary Christmas"