Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Day After...

'Twas the night before Christmas.... oh wait, that already happened. I should have said 'Twas the day after Christmas... there, that's where we're at today. ha. It's back to work for Ed and I, and the boys are sleeping in, I'm sure. We had a super weekend, with a trip to Wisconsin to see my side of the family. We even were enveloped in a blizzard while at my brother's place on Sunday... we were storm-stayed there, and learned we could improvise just fine, with cereal bowls for my contact lenses, and Stu's scrubs for pj's. The kids weren't phased in the least, and we all had a great time. After all, if you're going to be stuck in a blizzard, might as well be with family, right? It was a great time!

Although this week has less on the schedule, and the office should be fairly quiet all week, we still have a few things on our agendas for the weeknights. Ben has a hockey game tonight, and tomorrow night I'll have to sew a couple baby blankets for my niece's new baby. Then it'll be off to Minnesota for Christmas with the Ed's family, and another fun gathering. I wonder if we'll get stuck in a storm once again? It could be worse, we could get stuck at home and not be able to see our loved ones. At least we have our health and happiness, and aren't held back from enjoying life, right?

I hope your mid-holiday plans include laughter, love, and all the blessings in the world!

No comments: