Monday, October 22, 2007

Up and Running... not really

Up and walking, maybe, but not running just yet. I did finally get rid of my crutches last week, and dumped the boot this weekend. I'm not running yet, and actually haven't been back in the pool yet either, but I am walking around (limping still a little) and hope to be mending and getting stronger with each coming day.

Last weekend I went to the Whistlestop Marathon with my friend, so I could cheer them on. The leaves of autumn were more than amazing! The hues of orange, red, and golden yellow were so vibrant that the scenery took our breath away. I have a new photo on my desk even, that has already stopped my coworkers and had them asking where the amazing photo was taken. I love fall..... the colors are such a mix of shades and adds dimension and depth to our surroundings.

Dimension and depth..... that is what laughter can also add to our daily lives. A typical day can be viewed as mundane, or routine, but if you add laughter and joy, the day can be highlighted and touched with the colorful hues of friendship and love. It's all in our perspective. There are so many different factors that touch people's days ~ bills that cause stress; struggles in a marriage; job stress; family opportunities; health issues; tensions with children; car troubles; home repairs...... regardless of the nature of the issues in a person's life, if laughter and joy are interjected, the affect from the situation can be improved and the harm and pain can be minimized. Just like my situation which being kept out of the 1/2 marathon ~ I could have sulked about it and had darkness and depression cloud my days. But instead I joined in the fun, made the best of it, cheered on the runners from the sidelines, and reveled in the beauty of the vibrant weekend!

I hope your mundane routine can come alive with the colors of love and laughter!
May God bless you with HIS vibrant Love and Grace!

No comments: