Friday, May 25, 2007

Preview to the Long Weekend

"The Long Weekend"... that phrase can mean so many things. Some people say those words with relief; looking forward to rest, relaxation, maybe reuniting with friends or family, all good things. While at the same time, others may enter a long weekend with worry, panic, trepidation, and a wish to stay in the routine and schedule of a work week (although for the life of me, I can't imagine why) ha. So for those of you that may not be looking forward to a long weekend, I send you my hugs, my thoughts, and my wish for some time of peace and solace during the next few days. For those of you who, like me, are looking forward to unwinding with friends and family, put your feet up, let your hair down (mine already is, ha), and treat yourself right this weekend!

I haven't been back in the pool yet since Nationals (it's only been a few days), but I haven't quit exercising, either. I ran on the treadmill the other day, and let me tell you that the muscles used in swimming are FAR different than those used in running... I'M STIFF!!! I never thought of myself as being out of shape.... thinking differently now. ha. I can hardly walk straight. But then again, it may not be only from the 3.25 miles on the treadmill I did (in 31.49 minutes, mind you)... my soreness could have something to do with the two nights of shoveling dirt and clay I did this week. We're adding an addition onto our house, and the back-filling had to be done this week. OUCH... talk about MORE muscles I'm not used to using. But, it's all for progress and home improvements, right?

The kids are done with school... I can hardly believe it's summer vacation already! And, not to mention that it means I no longer have a 10th grader and 5th grader... nope, now I have a Junior and a 6th grader living in my house. This "growing up" thing is happening WAY too fast for my taste. ha. Why couldn't they just stay preschoolers all their lives? It was much simpler then. But, then again, they're fantastic young men all the same, and I love this stage of their lives as well.

I hope happiness and peace falls upon anyone and everyone that reads this! Take care, don't let life's little bumps in the road slow down your journey too much, while at the same time don't speed through the path with such intensity that you miss all the scenery.

Until next time..... keep smiling!

No comments: