Tuesday, May 22, 2007

First day of a blogger...

This is new to me... I've always wanted to be a "blogger", but haven't ever gotten around to it! I guess I didn't know if I'd have anything to say that anyone would want to read. But, I am going to try to get my fingers and mind into the creative writing mode once again, and thus I thought I'd start here.

I flew home yesterday from the most fabulous vacation. Well, it wasn't filled with gold medals, it wasn't tropical, and it wasn't with my family, so I suppose it could have been better. But it was great nonetheless, since it was a dream turned to reality for me. I competed in the US Masters Swimming National Championships in Federal Way, WA, and I didn't do half bad. Like I mentioned, I didn't bring home the gold, but I did swim my hardest, and competed with some of the fastest, best swimmers in the Nation! The level of competition was out of this world, and I can't wait to do it all over again next year!

For now, post-swim-season, I have some 5k races I plan to run in, and I want to also get back into writing my novel. So my days ahead will be filled with whatever I can find to keep busy, along with attending my kids' events (baseball, theater performances, etc) and also the addition we're putting on our home. Boredom is a scarecity in my life, but that's how I like it.

It's called "LIFE", so I say "LIVE IT"!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey! Cool Blog! I love it...The design is so "you". I can't wait to read what you write! Glad you had a great time in Washington...did I mention lately that I'm proud of you? Love you!

Tracie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so proud of you! Glad to hear the trip was good. The blog looks great, VERY YOU! I know you will have no problem filling it up!

rickandryann said...

Hey cous! I love the blog!! I can't wait to read all that you post. It looks great!! You'll have fun blogging. :) Hannah sure does. :)

Mary said...

Karyn....you are such an amazing friend and this blog is just one more way of staying connected with those who think the world of you and love to be a part of your life!!

You go girl!!! I'm always here for you:>)

the17thman said...

Congrats on swimming at Nationals! Keep up the blog!