Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Matt in the Hobbit


Matt is currently in his high school's production of The Hobbit. He's a dwarf (funny to have a 6' tall kid as a dwarf, ha), and plays a really hilarious, fat, dumpy, goofy Bombur. He really played his part well and made the audience laugh a LOT.


Here, he gets water splashed in his face from below the stage... something that was perfectly timed and hilarious!







Noah wasn't sure WHAT to think of his brother in all that strange makeup. the beard was something he never messed with (surprisingly) but Noah didn't want to touch Matt's face, either. I think he was a little unsure of just who really was under that fat-suit that big brother was wearing.

1 comment:

Elaine Littau said...

Hey Karyn,
Your blog is so good. The part about your son's play reminds me of Terry, my hubby, and I with our youngest son in drama back in 1997-2005. (Mikey was a theatre arts major at West Texas A&M in Canyon, TX after loving the plays in high school) He played Robin Hood in 2000 senior year of high school.
Noah is darling. You are from North Dakota? I was born in South Dakota in 1956. I never saw my birth place until 1996.
We live in the panhandle area of Texas...far from everything! ha.
I am so happy for your acomplishment of getting a contract with Tate. The best thing to do while you are waiting for the production of your book to get done is to write your next one. There are long periods of time between the "action" of editing and cover selection and all that jazz...Tate is busy, but it feels very slow from the author's perspective. It takes about a year from the time you sign your contract before your book is released. I would love to get to know you. Check out my blog. nansjourney.blogspot.com