Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Paperwork, Procedures and Policies...

The "3 P's" to me could mean so many thing....
"popcorn, pizza, pop", "Pride, Personality, Power", but "Paperwork, Procedures, and Policies" isn't my idea of joy and bliss. ha. But, I suppose it's all part of the necessary steps in completing this amazing journey of adoption and welcoming our new little family member into our family, into our hearts, and into our home.

We have been meeting with Lutheran Social Services and have started delving into the endless paper trail that will become our "file", which will eventually solidify our adoption of baby Noah. I don't know where my naive vision of the adoption process came from, but I certainly didn't realize there would be so much paperwork so many forms, and so much waiting involved. We will be completing background check authorizations, fingerprinting, personality test (to see if Ed and I are compatible... go figure), as well as opening up our lives to the scrutiny of the agency's watchful eye ~ I wonder if my childhood training in the finer qualities of being "Lysol Lucy" will be called into action to the standard found acceptable by the state?

We are moving forward through the paperwork maze, and inching ever closer to the completion of the steps required to call Noah our son. There will be paper cuts and bent corners I'm sure, but hopefully we'll all come out of this a lot stronger, more prepared, and undoubtedly more aware of the intricacies of the adoption process and our find court systems. (ok, don't choke on your coffee... I'm trying to stay positive here). 5 weeks from now Noah will be our son (at least in our arms... the paperwork will most likely take time to finalize). I'll be sharing our joy with you when we meet our miracle.

No comments: