Sunday, January 13, 2008

Endurance and Persistance

This has been an exceedingly interesting and trying week! So much so, that I had to browse back through my own blog entries, and remind myself of something I wrote many months ago...

[ Strength... we either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. Wow, that's deep! How true though... I mean, when life throws a wrench into your perfect life, you can either chuck it at someone and moan about it's existence, or you can pick it up, use it to tighten whatever loose screws exist, and add it to your toolbox of life lessons.]

This time, the wrench isn't rusty or undesirable, it's actually quite useful and essential, but still requires work to be done with it. In our quest to adopt our niece's baby, we've found ourselves knee-deep in paperwork, background checks, and fees! Of course we knew these things were coming, and we know this process wouldn't be smooth or painless... but we are also reminding ourselves that the outcome will erase any stress or worry we might endure throughout the journey.

We are looking forward to embracing baby Noah in roughly 4 weeks, and gazing upon our new little blessing. I will make a prediction, though... I probably won't choose to hand-write as much paperwork in the next year, as I have found myself filling out in the past 7 days. My hands are aching, my head is pounding, and my eyes are burning, just thinking of the pen-to-paper moments I've logged recently. But, as I said, we are trying to remind ourselves that IT'S ALL GOING TO BE WORTH IT!!!!! Little Noah, I assure you you're VERY MUCH loved, wanted, and looked forward to! Bless you little prince, and may your next few weeks be restful, blessed, and may you come into our arms easily and without further complications!!!

No comments: